Tyman's predecessor company was an industrial conglomerate with interests in oil services, building products and industrial coupling businesses. In 2009 a new Board of Directors was appointed which aligned the Group’s strategy and recruited a new executive leadership team in Louis Eperjesi and James Brotherton.
Since 2010 the leadership team has refocused the business, disposing of non-core assets, strengthening the divisional management teams and investing in the business through targeted capital investment and mergers and acquisitions.
In 2013, the Group changed its name to Tyman plc. Tyman is derived from an Old English word meaning “to turn” and is felt to be a simple, solid and more relevant expression of the Group’s activities and product offering worldwide.
- Acquisition of Ashland Hardware
- £310 million bank facility entered into, maturing in 2023
- Rebranding of Schlegel International to SchlegelGiesse
- Acquisition of Howe Green.
- Acquisitions of Bilco, Giesse and Response Electronics.
- European Industrial Products exit.
- North American footprint rationalisation.
- Rebranding of Grouphomesafe to ERA.
- Integration of Truth and Amesbury into a single customer-facing unit, AmesburyTruth, and appointment of Chief Executive Officer for AmesburyTruth.
- Acquisition of Vedasil Brasil, a Brazilian pile weatherstrip manufacturer.
- £240 million bank facility entered into, maturing in 2019.
- US$100 million US private placement offering and repayment of 2013 Truth acquisition facility.
- Name change to Tyman plc.
- US$200 million acquisition of Truth Hardware, US$100 million acquisition bank facility and equity fundraising.
- Move from AIM to the Main Market.
- Recruitment of Chief Executive Officers for UK and International Divisions.
- Disposal of oil services division Gall Thomson.
- Disposal of composite doors operations.
- Acquisition of Fab & Fix.
- Acquisition of Overland Products.
- New executive management team appointed.
- Realignment of Group strategy to focus on component supply to the door and window industry.
- New Board of Directors appointed.
- Acquisition of Laird Security Systems division from Laird plc.
- Acquisition of Schlegel Building Products division from UniPoly Holdings Limited.
- Predecessor company first quoted on the London Stock Exchange.
As a leading international supplier of building products, we have three core businesses across four key regions: the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australasia.
Board of Directors
The Board comprises two Executive and five Non-executive Directors.
Find essential information relating to your Tyman plc shareholding, including details of the Group’s Annual General Meetings, capital structure, major shareholders and dividend history.